Friday, July 3, 2015

Classroom Decorating: Day 2

Day 2 of classroom decorating is in the books and my classroom officially looks like a tornado came through. I was so confident that this was going to be the easiest decorating this summer after day one because I had forgotten about all the junk that had to be unpacked from the built in table. This is what it looked like at the end of day 1:
Look at how bare the floor looked! Silly me didn't realize what it would look like when all that stuff came down!

It looks like this! Getting everything down took forever! I didn't realize how much I had stuffed up there. And all by myself! Getting it down wasn't near as easy as putting it up there! 
Exhibit A: my favorite lamp bit the dust :(
RIP pretty pink lamp :(

On a more positive note, I placed my bookshelves. I really think I need black book shelves, don't y'all?? 

Above the bookshelves will be my evidence board. You can see last year's here and grab a free copy of the evidence term posters here. :) The VIP Area is moving, so the door will need to be recovered as well. I'm planning on creating my Word Nerd vocabulary board on that blank space between the window and the corner. I'll be posting more about Word Nerds soon! 

I began to unpack supplies for the small group area and realized I need to go through some things and throw away junk/donate! I found a nurse's slip from two years ago!!! I'm determined to be more organized this year. Once I decided this, things went a little slower and I accumulated more trash bags. I'm making progress, even if you can't yet see it :)




I've had several people ask when I go back because I'm already working in the classroom. We got out in mid May and go back early/mid August. This is actually the latest I've wait to get back in my classroom since they were waxing the floors. One of my favorite parts of my job is working on decorating my classroom, so I'm always anxious to get started :)
Are you able to work in your classroom during the summer? Let me know in the comments below! :)

Be sure and check out my coffee table mini makeover over on my Life+Style blog Southern Belle Inspired :)

4 comments:

  1. I do get to work in my classroom, but I can't get back in until the middle of July because they use my room for summer school in June and then they wax it the first week of July. I go out of town every year for the second week of July, so that gives me about two and a half weeks to get in my room before the kiddos come back. We start the first week of August!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that your room is open for you over the summer! I will be transferring schools and can't get into my new room until August 18th and school starts August 24...AND I will be 8 months pregnant then!! I wish mine was open so I can do a little at a time now.

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our building is closed to us until the end of July but once August hits, I get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually get in there early as well, but our building is closed to us until the middle of August. I too believe that it is so much easier to do one piece at a time. It makes for an easier school year in my opinion. I love reading through your progress. Keep on posting.

    Follow my new blog to read about mine: http://farringtonfunctions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete