Monday, November 28, 2011

Sheep in a Jeep- Teaching Long 'e'

Aren't these cute?? Our phonics skill this week is long e so along with our reading series story (Honey Bees), we read Sheep in a Jeep and found all the long e words- all 32 of them! This is a wonderful story to help teach long e and my kids loved it!
***I've gotten a lot of emails and comments asking how we have time to do all this. I precut everything in order to fit it all in. There's no way we could do it if the kids had to cut all the parts out. It is very time consuming, but the kids love it and I think it brings so much more to the learning process and allows the kids to better understand concepts and skills since they feel more involved in the process. :)






***patterns coming soon!

10 comments:

  1. Obsessed!

    www.mrswheelerfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgosh! we read this book with my 2 year old all the time - I love it! And I don't know why I didn't think to use it for this skils...duh! lol
    Thank you for sharing! And yes, as badly as I want my kids to work on their motor skills, I just don't have the time to wait around for them to cut everything out!
    The Teachers’ Cauldron

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are on the same story! I'll keep staring at my computer until you post the pattern. Well, maybe I will go have a life for a while! lol

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you commented on how in the world you have the time to do it all! I was wondering the same exact thing! I love ALL of your crafts and activities, but feel like I would never have the time! Thanks for sharing!

    Amanda
    Frolicking Through First

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! Such a cute way to practice "ee"!

    Leslie, if you get a chance, please check out my blog! I just started and also joined TpT! Thanks! :)

    Lauren

    www.thefirstgradediaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way too cute!!! And bless you for cutting all of those! My kids aren't worthy enough...LOL jk!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was curious if you ever posted a pattern for the sheep in a jeep craft. Couldnt locate it.
    Thanks
    deleighrob@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also back to look for the pattern. I'd love to do this with my kinders during writing. Too too cute! :) kristinmockler@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be using this for sure! THANK YOU!!! Were you able to download the pattern?

    ReplyDelete