Friday, October 21, 2011

Unit 2 Reading Street Concept Question Board

I decided to change up the question board this unit. I liked the way the first board looked, but I felt like it was more for decoration and I want it to be more of an interactive board that the kids help make. So, I came up with this:
I've made a chart that has the unit question in the middle and all the weekly questions surrounding it, but forgot to take a pic of it. On this board, the weekly question is in green and the kids have answered it in their journals and I displayed their work. They really liked this and I felt like they noticed and "understood" the board so much better this way. Here's a close up of some of their answers.



This is my kind of family! :)


We just finished up with A Big Fish for Max for all you 1st grade reading street teachers, so I'll post some of the charts we made and my new vocabulary center that has worked out *fabulously* tomorrow :)
Hope everyone's had a great week and I hope everyone has a really great, long weekend! Roll Tide!!!





3 comments:

  1. Love this! We do reading street as well. What are the die cut letters for "unit theme". Did you buy those or are they from a die cut machine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the BB idea to document students' thoughts on the focus question. We use Reading Street as well, and I love the big ideas within it, and I find that focusing on the big ideas have made my students much deeper thinkers as a result. I might try doing my own BB for the focus questions. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cuteness! I love this idea! I may have to adapt this for my thirdsters. :) I wish we taught at the same school! Haha. For some reason, I feel like we could collaborate like crazy!!!!

    ReplyDelete