Monday, July 25, 2011

Classroom Decorating: Day Seven

Here's a tip for everyone working in your classrooms, getting ready for Back to School: Eat before you leave the house, or bring a snack! I woke up this morning not hungry at all so silly me didn't even think about preparing for later on. A couple of hours later, I am beyond hungry. Sooo day seven was a short working day. Here's what was accomplished before I called it a day (morning?) and headed to the nearest fast food restaurant :) 

Accomplished: My sounds board
I like having a place in the room to add sounds as we learn them each week. For example, our first sound is short /a/, so when we cover that sound, we'll add it to the board and add some words that have that same sound. 

Accomplished: Names attached to Mailboxes...how cute are they??

Accomplished: One corner of the classroom *entirely* finished! 

I can't wait to show y'all how I'm displaying my anchor charts. It's really cute in my mind so hopefully it will turn out that way... fingers crossed! I also have a really cute idea for behind my cubbies, but it's still a work in progress. 

***Reading Street Teachers! Join the linky party and share your favorite SFRS ideas!! :)


8 comments:

  1. Leslie, love your room! Its coming together so cute! I just walked into my blank canvas today! Ah, scarey!
    Cant wait to see more pictures!
    -Ms. Simoneaux
    http://firstgradefresh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! I can't wait to see your anchor chart idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room is absolutely wonderful...perfect! I would love to know where you got your mailbox labels and your poster size mailbox beside it? I would love to buy them. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room is gorgeous. I would love to know where you got your mailbox labels...adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your classroom is really coming together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara- I got the Mailbox Labels and the poster size mailbox in the clearance section of a teacher supply store a few years ago. I was cleaning out one of my cabinets one day last week and found it. Never Been Opened! I had completely forgotten about it! I thought it turned out cute :) I think they were by TREND if you wanna google them to see if they still make them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this was a year ago, but I'm just know getting into the blogging thing. I did a butterfly/garden theme last year and this year I'm incorporating birds, frogs and ladybugs. Your pics will help me! Do you happen to have a template for the birdie you used? I love your door and your student display in the hall!

    ReplyDelete