Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mo Willems Author Study

For my September author study, I picked Mo Willems. I have never done an author study that my kids have enjoyed as much as this one. They have loved all Mo Willems' books so much that I have decided to extend the author study into October. There are so many neat ideas and activities to go along with his books. If you go to his website http://www.pigeonpresents.com/ and click on the grown ups link, you can download the teacher's guide and event kits for some of his stories. They are full of ideas to use in the classroom. My kids love reading about the pigeon! Here is one of the boards that I used to display their letters to the bus driver from Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus.


Here are some of their letters. I asked them to tell if they would or wouldn't let the pigeon drive the bus and then they had to give a reason why they decided that. It worked out really well since our comprehension skill in reading this week was cause and effect!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I just googled "mo willems, author study, first grade" and your blog was the first on the list! So happy I found your blog and am now a new follower.
    -Allyson
    Stickersandstars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete